VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jmodel baggage mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harv

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Jmodel baggage mod? Reply with quote

Is it possible to have the baggage area in a J35 made larger with a hat shelf? I looked on D'Shnnon's site and it looks like theirs comes with a bigger door and window.

John
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Baggage area Reply with quote

Yes, you can have an STC'd baggage area put in your J35, and yes it creates a hat shelf for a reason. The retractable step mechanism is attached to the back of the rear baggage area bulkhead of your original J35. On later Bonanza's the step became fixed and the entire baggage area was extended. This of course allowed for the extended door as well. So I think you would be able to get the baggage extension with hat shelf, and long third window, and have to keep the original smaller baggage door.
Harv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bryan for your answer.
I kinda like the small 3rd window. It keeps it looking like a J model. I was thinking that maybe someone (D'Shannon or ARS) did just the hat shelf part of the stc. It would be nice for a place for light things like pitot covers, blankets and the like.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: