VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panel Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbarger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Panel Upgrade Reply with quote

I am wanting to upgrade my panel and move my radios to the center. I was trying to find an STCd solution but everyone I have talked to indicates that all there is going to be is a form 337 way to get this done. Does anyone know of an STCd panel replacement (G35 1956 Bonanza is what I've got). If not how about any experience in the last year with getting a panel upgrade 337 approved? Any examples of the documentation required that is on a web site some where? How about any CAD drawings of the panel that can be used for a do it yourself?

Does a simple panel change to move the radio stack to the center require a 337? How about a re-work of the panel not including the piano keys up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Robert
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: New Panel options for the older Beech Bonanza. Reply with quote

Yes you do have many options. First, I beleive a STC panel is still available from these guys.

AVIATION RESEARCH SYTEMS, INC.
Sandy River Airport - 42313 SE Oral Hull Rd., Sandy, OR 97055
Ph: 503-668-4542, Fax: 503-668-8359

Also, there are a few FAA Repair Stations such as Penn that will take your design and build a panel or help design you a new panel and provide you with a cut ready to install panel replacing your old original panel. YOu would use a 337 to install. This can be a piano key up or a whole panel replacement.

www.pennavionics.com
PENN AVIONICS, INC.
Brandywine Airport (N99)
West Chester, PA
610-436-1200

You can also obtain a late model Beech panel and put it in your plane as a replacement.

These are a few options, I like the idea of what Penn has to offer but if you have the deminsions you can a local shop to cut you a new panel if you have the deminsions, but Penn already has this information and could save time and money. I personally think that, the type panel to install would be to create and mount a frame and mount individual panels that could be removed to access behind the panel for radio or instrument upgrades or maintenance. You woud have a frame and have the panels mount to it. The ressult would look the same but instead you would not have one big piece across your panel, it would be in thirds and if you ever had to or wanted to change a section, you could get a new section cut and not the entire panel. So it has many advantages. I have not seen one like I describe yet, but maybe you could be the first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: