VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strobes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Strobes Reply with quote

I would like to add Aeroflash strobes to my aircraft (D35) and wonder if anyone has done this on a Field Approval (Form 337)? Aeroflash is original equipment on some Cessnas and other types and may have STC's, but not Beech. Their kit 156-003 will piggyback on the Grimes E position lights with power supplies in the wingtip and are a lot cheaper that Whelen.

If anyone has a copy of an approved Form 337 for these lights, I would certainly appreciate a copy to support my installation.

My position lights have a flasher somewhere in the system and I'm thinking that should come out or be bypassed to supply constant power to strobes... Yes/No? Existing wiring should be ok for strobes.
Any thoughts or experience with this kind of project?

Thanks for any help or advice,

Alan
emoniot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Strobes Reply with quote

Yes you will definately want those stobes on their own circut breaker and wires. Aero-flash should be able to supply you with the paperwork to get an approval, either STC or a field approval.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: