VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E225-8 oil leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekusafetyman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: E225-8 oil leak Reply with quote

trying to get a 47 Bo back in the air. I have a slow drip leak from the bottom of the engine that I think originates on the back of the engine or accessory case but I can't find it. replaced the generator thinking it was the garlock seal in it but that did not stop it.

Any ideas on common places these engines leak or a list of places I shol=uld look?
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: E225-8 oil leak Reply with quote

Try to clean up all the oil that has already dripped. Is the leak while it is setting or when engine running, or in the air ? Pull off side panels after a flight, and use a flashlight to look up at the bottom of the engine, see if you can locate the area that it is dripping from.... Then start eliminating places, such as front of engine (electric or hydraulic prop?) Rocker covers, the base of cylinders, or pushrod tubes, the crankcase, right or left side of engine, or just rear of engine? If you can determine its not at front of engine, or around any of the cylinders, then yes the accessory case and accessories or oil tank area sounds like it. You may already have it narrowed down that that. Is the oil making a mess on the inside of the lower engine cowling or just leaking onto the ground below?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: