VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a Bonanza?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: What is a Bonanza? Reply with quote

I wrote this on the Beech board.

My question is I am totally confused as to what a Bonanza is. Is it a V-tail or everything that has evolved from the original style. We flew into Goodyear airport in AZ and they said Bonanza Nxxx all the time. I thought the Bonanza was a V-Tail.

What is a Bonanza?

Alice Wakelin
1949 A35
dallas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: What is a Bonanza? Reply with quote

It all started back in the early 60's. Beechcraft was suffering form the stigma
of the V tail Dr. Killer. At that time, the Bonanza was 13 to 16 years old. Some early design problems. In order to compensate fo the problems, they introduced the A33 Debonair. basicly a bonanza with a conventional tail. Most parts interchangalbe. I knew people who bought the Beech Musketeer
son they could refer to them selves as beechXXX. The Deb had about the same performance as the bonanza of the day, but Beech couldn't sell a Deb.

Beech renamed the aircraft the A33 Bonanza. which later became the A36 Bonanza.

I simply refer to the 33 models as just a very expensive imitation.

I also fly an A35 Bonanza, an have for 20years.
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: What is a Bonanza Reply with quote

Dallas right in as far as he went...if it aint a V-tail, it aint a Bonanza!

Jim
1947 Straight 35
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: