VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight and Balance after tip tank mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Weight and Balance after tip tank mod Reply with quote

Our 47 Bonanza 35 has the Berl D'Shannon tip tank mod which adds 30 gallons of fuel. I've look over the STC and associated paperwork and see that this mod increases our gross weight 20 LBS to 2570. I can not find any information about any changes to the C.G. range. So, I assume that we must still use the Normal Category weights and CG that are in the operating manual.

The thing is that when I put two 160 LB people in the front seats and load up the mains and tips with fuel, we fall outside the normal CG range (forward). Not to mention what happens if I put someone in the back too.

My question is: Does the FAA approve these STC's knowing that you can't use the full capacity of these mods? I don't want to go to the FAA hearing and have them tell me I was not within the C.G limits...if you catch my drift.

[img]http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_21018373/71d9/__sr_/4b95.jpg?grAdmPHBOdpV.5P0[/img]
Harv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a POH supplement. I have the Brittain tip tanks and the POH supplement is one page with a new CG chart, limitations, and procedure section.

Mine lists a max take off wt as 3100 lbs. (Each tip tank must have 6 1/4 gal min at that wt.)

A Bonanza with the CG too far forward?

John
dong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Harv"]You should have a POH supplement. I have the Brittain tip tanks and the POH supplement is one page with a new CG chart, limitations, and procedure section.

Mine lists a max take off wt as 3100 lbs. (Each tip tank must have 6 1/4 gal min at that wt.)

A Bonanza with the CG too far forward?

John[/quote]

Thank for the reply John,

I had to call D'Shannon to get info about the ARM location because I couldn't find it with the tip tank paperwork I'll give another call to find out if there is a CG chart, limitations and procedure section that should be included.

It just doesn't seem right that by filling the tips with fuel that I would be out of CG.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: