VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight 35 center section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssiwik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Straight 35 center section Reply with quote

I have recently purchased D-9 to restore and ultimately donate to the Bonanza Baron Museum. It has an unmodified tubular center section and according to the logs was last "inspected" in 1991 (X-Ray) and was OK. Are any kits available? And what are the thoughts about flying the aircraft "as is" for a while prior to donating it. Who can do the inspection now? It has only flown a few hundred hours since the last inspection.

Thanks in advance.

sas
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: RE: Straight 35 center section Reply with quote

I would leave the center section alone and fly the plane. A good center section is a good center section. I don't know about any kits, unless you are wanting to change out to a later style aluminum type. I would leave it alone and just perform inspections as needed by and AD's or SB's, lots of them are still flying today without problems. I would be more worried about having a good v-tail section than the spar center section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: