VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Landing gear motor brushes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Landing gear motor brushes Reply with quote

Does any one have a good source for landing gear brushes for a B35 Bonanza ? The one I have seen are about 130 dollars that seems high for brushes.
paulmc

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you plan on doing a "run-in" of the brushes, you won't get 3 years of service out of them. You'll be disappointed when it turns out you need brushes again so soon....

Do you have a bench where a load can be applied to the motor gearshaft and the brushes can be run-in correctly?

Otherwise you are wasting your hard-earned $$

The $130 brushes will last 20 years if they are installed correctly.

Have an auto electric shop (generator/alternator) do that for you if you need to save $$ Some will do that for you if you explain to them what you need.

Paul
William

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't wanting to use generator brushes, I wanted to know if there is cheaper places to purchase the correct brushes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Maintenance Items All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: