VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IO-470 installed in a early Bonanza.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: IO-470 installed in a early Bonanza. Reply with quote

Anybody have one of the Hammock Aviation STC engine upgrades installed, either IO470C or IO470N? What performance difference was noticed? Would like to hear from owners experience.
Harv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell what it would be like in the early models. But I do have a lot of experience in a K model. I like the IO 470. It's strong, fast and since it's fuel injected, gives a nice even fuel burn especially with Gami injectors.
I would guess the main benefit would be better climb rate and higher altitude for good cruse TAS.
Then again the 520 and of course the 550 are better still.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: