VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beech Evaporative Cooler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalculator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Beech Evaporative Cooler Reply with quote

I have the evaporative cooler in my Beech. But prior to my ownership someone has removed the baffles/wicks. I see on this site you can purchase the wicks. My question is what holds them in place? Do I just lay them in the box side by side????? Looking for somone that actually has one with all the parts...hopefully someone is out here? (smile)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Beech Evaporative Cooler Reply with quote

It's quite simple to rebuild with new wicks. You will need the wicks, some spacers, and a piece of thin sheet metal (aluminum).

www.vintagebonanza.com/images/Beech_evap_cooler_parts.jpg

Notice the spacers between the wicks in the illustrated parts diagram. You can make your own out of closed cell foam weatherstripping from local hardware stores. You will construct the wicks with the spacers compressed and sandwiched inbetween. Once assembled and inserted into the box, you will install the metal band over the top. This acts as a diffuser as direct airflow from the scoop from the top hits it and allows air to travel back and underneath passing by the saturated wicks and out to the interior vents. You will also have the two hoses at the rear of the can or box, one should go to shut off valve or drain valve and the other should be overflow. Check that you have the valve which will be located on the rear baggage bulkhead. It will probably be froze into position and may require soaking with WD-40 or liquid wrench and or replacing with a new one.

The basics are that the thin slice wicks will have strips of weatherstripping inbetween and compress enough to alow about 24 of these plates to fit into the box. About mid level there should be a long horizontal piece about water line and before the plate narrows. This separates or create a barrier for the circulating air and water reservoir area. You can kind of see this in the illustrated parts diagram.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: