VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruddervator Trim tab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clagman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Ruddervator Trim tab Reply with quote

I'm removing the restriction on ruddervators. Does anyone need "newer" style trim tab that is flat on one side and airfoil shaped on the other? 1947 Model 35. Clagman
Jim Aitken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Ruddervators Reply with quote

I have a flat/flat trim tab available if anyone needs it.

Jim
Jim Aitken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Ruddervators Reply with quote

The convex portion of the trim tab is installed on the bottom of the ruddervator. The original AD note included a sketch showing the convex side on the top, which is incorrect.

Jim
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Ruddervator Trim Tabs Reply with quote

The flat trim tabs came out on the Model 35 and A35's, The B35 had the newer style tabs and the A35 had a Service Bulliten that allowed them to be used on the A35's. I don't recall the SB including the Model 35. Later model Bonanza the trim tabs changed again and the convex area was on top instead of on the bottom. I think with the H35 or later(?), I forget which. But, yes the reason the first convex trim tabs (flat top side, convex bottom) was in the B35 where the flap travel went to 30 degrees and on final you ran out of up trim and the new style trip tabs allowed for greater downward pressure on the rudderfators and better nose up response during landing. At least thats what I've been told. Don't ask me why that changed in later years as they were reversed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: