VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil on the belly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Oil on the belly Reply with quote

Just picked up D35 - new V-tail owner. Every time I fly the belly of the D35 is oily from the air-oil separator leaking. Should I replace it or is clean it?
VinceGlorioso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Oil-Air Seperator leak Reply with quote

The Beryl D'Shannon oil/air seperator on my C35 lasted less than 10 years before it rusted through on the bottom, just to give you an idea how long they last.
I ordered and had my IA install the AirWolf A/O seperator, it was a bit of trouble getting the right "top" with the right size and oriented to the right hoses, and I had to buy a $30 special elbow to make one connection.
After all that pain, it looks like it is working fine, now.

I still have documentation on what I purchased to make it work, so, if you are interested in getting the AirWolf solution I can offer my experience.

Vince
bgwells
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Oil-Air Seperator leak Reply with quote

Are you positive, because, most every E-series engine will leak somewhere. If your E-series engine is only leaking from the air/oil separator, then you are very lucky. Is it leaking out the exit tube or around the housing?
tfrymire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Bonanza Ownership. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: