VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savannah, A great southern city with a British accent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Flying Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinceGlorioso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Savannah, A great southern city with a British accent Reply with quote

In early June, my wife Alli and I went to Savannah. The $ignature facility at Savannah International Airport gave good service, charging me a $5 a night parking fee and extending their weekend $0.50 discount to me even though I insisted on filling my bladder tanks on a Friday.
The ride into downtown Savannah was $40 each way ($30 for first person plus $5 additional person) and a tip of $5 and this was a decent trip, I would guess 15-20 miles and about 30 minutes each way.
We stayed at the Eliza Thompson house, a great bed and breakfast with an interior courtyard and a great location right downtown.
Savannah is a beautiful planned city, with many scenic park squares throughout downtown. There are some beautiful buildings with varied architecture to see. We toured the Williams-Mercer house and drank our nights away in the Six Pence Pub after walking about all day.
We were lucky enough to be in the river district this, the first Saturday of the month, and there were many county-fair-type vendors set up by the river.

All in all, a great place to spend a weekend away from it all.
We will return,
Vince Glorioso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> Flying Trips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: