VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Series Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: E-Series Engines Reply with quote

What inside cowling changes, if any, are required to go from a E185-8 to an E225-8? Question
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Cowling changes if going from E185-8 to a E225-8. Reply with quote

None that I can think of, the configurations are the same expect for the early Model 35's that had the old style oil resevoirs and no cowl access door to check oil level, you had to open the cowl itself. In preperation of installing a E-225-8 where you currently have a E-185-8 is the engine mount. The E225-8 had different engine mount legs and rubber bushings. Again I think only the earliest Model 35's (like the '47's) may have had motor mount brackets that may need updating to accomodate. I know at least the B35 and later motor mount brakets will accept the larger bushings of the E225-8. The Beech shop manual has a section that specifies the requirements to install the E225-8 into earlier airframes.
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my A model there was nothing that needed to be changed inthe cowling when I converted to a E-225
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> TCM Engines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: