VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1947 Bonanza 35 upgrade to E185-11, performance change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: 1947 Bonanza 35 upgrade to E185-11, performance change Reply with quote

We have a 1947 Bonanza 35 that has been upgraded to the E185-11 Cont. motor. My question is this;

Can we use the D35 performance weights and speeds for our 35 since the D35 has the same dimensions and general specifications? ie: increased weights and speeds.

If you need more info, I can provide it.

Don
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: 1947 Bonanza 35 upgrade to E185-11, performance change Reply with quote

The engine change was not a STC and is not a increase gross weight change. Beech allowed for the change in the Service Manual, and through variuos SB's You still have to use the Airplane Flight Manual operators manual for your model airframe regardless of which engine even the E225-8, Also have to abide by the TCDS for this, the Model 35. Essentially not changes from the origianal numbers of the Model 35.

I have listed here all the related data that you are looking for.
www.vintagebonanza.com/Engine_performance_data.htm

You will notice that Beech did make changes for the operating parameters for later model Bonanzas with the E-185-11 and E225-8. These engines have their own TCDS and max limits, but all that changes as to what airframe they are put in as the Airframe TCDS takes president over the engine TCDS. When the later model engines and props became available Beech decided not to change the numbers for the original Model 35. But many Model 35's do have the E225-8 now, it's just that legally the only official operating parameters are whats in the current Operators handbook and TCDS which has not changed. You want to keep all the redlines and markings according to that. So the answer to your question is actually NO, but the engine and props can operate at a higher RPM just not legally in your Model 35 airplane. In any case its nice to know you have the reserve power when you need it and as long as you keep to the airspeed limits of your model Bonanza you should be fine.
dong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1947 Bonanza 35 upgrade to E185-11, performance change Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Bryan. I've been flying for 39 years and am now finally, a proud aircraft owner so, I have lots of questions. I've been talking to some other early Bonanza owners and I seem to be getting some wrong answers about some of the mods that have been added to our plane. I hope that eventually I can get it all straightened out.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: