VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index VintageBonanza Forum
A Forum for Beechcraft Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodyear 2 Cleveland Brake Conversions Kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcureton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Goodyear 2 Cleveland Brake Conversions Kits Reply with quote

After flying my F35 Bonanza in and out of mostly 5k+ foot runways, I have really become fond of the many <2.5k strips near me.

Here lies the problem that I have never noticed before until now! The lack of braking action on my F35 Bonanza with it's original 6.5x8.00 Goodyear brakes has really become a clear and present danger for me.

I really want to convert ASAP to Clevelands Wheels and Brake Calipers for their improved braking and ease of maintenance. My question is what are the pros and cons of using the smaller diameter wheels.

I really would like to keep my Bonanza's original proud stance as it sit on a ramp or on a grass tie down.

I understand that changing to the smaller wheel size a more cost effective
option than keeping my larger diameter wheels.

My question is will I loose overall ground ground & prop clearance and wouldn't the larger diameter wheels be better suited for the shorter and unimproved airfields I am planning to fly into?

Can anyone who have gone through this conversion shed any insight
on this issue for me?

Tony
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Goodyear 2 Cleveland Brake Conversions Kits Reply with quote

My B35 came with the larger diameter disc clevelands, they offer more capacity and are the same as the Baron I believe, they do not change the profile of your Bonanza, remember they have to fit in the same wheel opening when they retract, so the wheel/tire combination height will remain the same. I would install the larger disc clevelands. You will also perform a retract test to verify everything is correct no matter which you choose.

Many Bonanzas are equipped with the larger Clevelands, look around and you will see them.
tcureton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bryon, You have pretty much confirmed what I had in mind concerning the original wheel size.

So what series / model Baron should I look for?

Will I require the Brake Cylinder and Axle from the Baron also?

Tony
Bryan Wells

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: RE: Goodyear 2 Cleveland Brake Conversions Kits Reply with quote

Baron/Bonanza it doesn't matter, the larger wheels/disc appear on many Bonazas and you will see them on any year model. You will need new tires with the new wheels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VintageBonanza Forum Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: